Sunday, March 8, 2015

#cheersforalisa

Sorry for the delay in posts.  I have been sick and I hate to admit it.  I worry what I look like to other people.  I have what feels like a permanent scowl on my face.  I worry it will show through here as I write.  It's really just from the nausea that I wake up with every morning.  Sometimes it is gone by the evening, and those are good nights, we have even gone out occasionally when we time it just right.

But for the most part I'm home feeling gross.  I sleep quite a bit.  I can't imagine that the chemo is still making me sick, but I hope that is the case.  I don't know, my hair just started falling out this week so I'm thinking maybe there could be some delayed effects from the chemo, and the nausea is also a part of this.  I hope it's not the cancer causing trouble.  

Today specifically we know it's the feeding tube causing the nausea.  I've dislodged it from the Jejunum and it is floating around the stomach and esophagus where it should not be.  This has happened before a couple of weeks ago and it was the most painful experience of my life so far when they put it back.  So I am very upset, and hope that we can just pull the feeding tube altogether.  I am skinny, like no bum, bones sticking out, cancer kind of skinny, and that might be the problem with no feeding tube at all.  

In an effort to cheer me up my BFF has started an Instagram account for me.  I don't know why but TV and computer time while I'm in bed are not at all interesting to me as they have been in the past.  They totally put me to sleep.  But I do have my phone and I love Instagram.  Anyways, please follow CHEERSFORALISA and send your costume pictures in to cheersforalisa@gmail.com.  Jennie can come up with a caption for you (or if you're tricky enough do your own) I would so love to see your pretty faces.  So fun!



I have to send you over to Jennie's other Instagram account dateweekly which was really motivating Josh and I to date on a weekly basis.  My sister Sonja started dating her husband after following.  There are great date ideas, and just reminders of how important it is to have fun and take time with your spouse.




And while I'm pointing you to Instagram accounts, you want to get in on MOONMANDOTCOM.  This little guy will keep your Instagram a happy, beautiful place.  My cousin Stephen is the mastermind behind this project.  Thanks for sharing with us all Stephen!




I need to create my own account of things that made me smiled today.  Because even with a permanent scowl (Josh came up to me this afternoon and tried smoothing out in between my eyebrows "I wish you could just relax your face"),  there are things that keep me smiling.  Today it is Josh baking the weekly bread, coming to ask if each step was done right.  It turned of perfect, of course.  Josh went to work last week for the first time in months.  I missed him so much.

Thanks for your prayers.  We are certainly struggling right now.  I've got to get on top of this and move forward.  I really think I can.  Somehow.

19 comments:

  1. I will always think of you two as Barbie and Ken! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to put in my cheer for Alisa, Josh and Family! Your Barbie and Ken makes me smile! Hugs, prayers and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to see you out and about yesterday. I'm sure it cost you, but you held it together well. I love you so much and I think you and Josh are incredible! It made me smile too, that he was making bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to hear from you! We think about you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Instagram too! I will follow those accounts. So happy to hear from you...thinking and praying for you daily. You are a very loved person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't taste the bread but his cookies were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are constantly amazed at your strength and ability to keep going, Alisa! You are one tough cookie! we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update! I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but we're all praying for you in the Simpson household, and I know prayer works!!!

    -Spenser

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still praying for you from Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the instagram idea, I popped over and the first picture was of Daija I laughed so hard... I scrolled and found more, you and your boys and Ashki and his family. You guys are truly wonderful! Prayers continue and I am so sorry about the feeding tube :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. hugs and prayers being sent your way!!! thinking of you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have lots more to smile about in the future. You and Josh are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cheersforalia account! It has cheered my up too. I'm still trying to think of a good picture to post. I'm so bad at dress up and I'm not clever. I'm totally going to follow Jenni's date account though. Mike and I could totally use that. Love you Alisa. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you can move forward and get away from the struggling too. You two are such a great couple! I will definitely get on the Instagram account. I know I have a pic if Ryan and I somewhere... It's pretty bad though, don't judge. ;-)
    Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are still as gorgeous as ever. Hugging you was the highlight of my day. Love you dearest! Keep fighting. We will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many prayers that there brighter days ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thinking of you so much Alisa. thanks for the moonie shoutout! sending lots of love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete