Tuesday, April 14, 2015

easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend.  I felt good.  After a few rough stomach days, it settled down.  My pain doctor adjusted my pain pump to a point where I have days that I don't use my bolus injections (the continuos amount of drug is enough).  They put me on steroids which has given me a burst of energy and a crazy appetite.  Sometimes I really feel good.

Easter is a reminder of all that I hope for for myself.  That some day I will be healed and some day I will be whole.  Some day I won't have any metal or plastic inside of me.  Some day my heart will be free of fear and my mind free of anxieties.  

I am not praying that this happens soon, but I am so glad I truly believe in a beautiful afterlife.  

I will try and keep the blog updated with medical changes, but right now maybe not much more than that.  I am working on some other computer projects for my kids and I am not loving time in front of a screen.  

12 comments:

  1. Sometimes just the reassurance of all this heartache being temporary and so much happiness that will eventually be ours is enough to keep us going and to help us be grateful for all the blessings we do have. I'm so glad for the wonderful blessings you've had with a wonderful Easter and feeling better. Such sweet tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father! Don't worry about posting much. Enjoy each moment spent with and for your family. Lots of love, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa, the second paragraph of this blog entry may be my favorite paragraph of all you've ever written. I love you and that beautiful testimony.
    -Eric (& Emily and kids)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just love you so much. I write your name on the temple prayer roll each and every week. I'm probably not the only one. Even though we have busy lives, you and your sweet family are always in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Eric. Your second paragraph touched my heart so deeply. Praying for you to be able to enjoy this time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO glad you guys had a great Easter! It is so good to hear that you have felt good as well! The strength of your testimony is such a great example to us all... You're just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good post. Thank you for the update. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring always reminds me of you. I hope you have a good day today. 💋

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this and thought of you.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2015/04/20/immune-system-drugs-melt-tumors-leading-a-cancer-revolution/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Thinking Of You….. 4-26-2015….. Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you. I am anxiously awaiting your next post with good news : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alisa,

    I've been so impressed with you and your family as I've watched from afar. Thank you for your courage, your faith, and your optimism - and for sharing it with the rest of us. You are a such a wonderful example.

    ReplyDelete