Tuesday, December 3, 2013

all is well

I keep waiting for the side effects to kick in here so I have something to report.  But there just haven't been many.  My stomach is maybe a little rumbly, and I might be tired.  A very different experience with IPI this go-round .  Last time I was in the acute care section at the hospital by now, unable to keep anything in my stomach, and in terrible cramping pain.  Also my tumors were shrinking like crazy.  I could feel them all melting away by Tuesday.

Maybe this time I will have a more normal reaction.  People don't generally see the side effects until about three weeks into treatment or later.  If I don't develop the side effects (colitis), I will get the medicine every three weeks for a total of 4 doses.  That is the plan for now.  I will for sure let you know if anything changes.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, so glad you're feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely deserve a break from all the lousy side effects. I'm praying NO colitis this time with only smooth sailing! Thanks for the update~ {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy there isn't much to report. No news is good news, right:)? Thinking of you daily!

    ReplyDelete