Thursday, June 21, 2012

We had a lovely trip.  Every detail, down to the weather, seemed to fall into place perfectly.  I will get around to sorting through some pictures, but for now a shot from our four major cities...

Boston is a babe.  Boys on The Freedom trail.

We were spoiled in New York by my beautiful cousin Emilie and her charming husband Xavier.  He is behind the mask and we sit on their brownstone steps in Harlem laughing at his witticisms.  These people inspire me.  Super classy.  Love you guys, thanks!


An afternoon in Philadelphia.  Luke is up to no good.


Met up with Josh's brother in Maryland and D.C.  So fun to have cousins around!  Glad we got to experience the Linton Hotel Brooke and Ashkii! 5 stars!   Can't wait to do it again!


The best part of the trip was giving cancer the silent treatment for 10 glorious days.  Spoken of only briefly, and thought of sometimes just in passing.  I gave it nothing.

But tomorrow we will be talking and thinking of little else.  I start the day at  the hospital at 9 and won't be out of hospital I bet till 4:30 or 5.  I will have my labs drawn, a full body PET scan, brain MRI, an infusion of a bone strengthening medicine, and finally an appointment with the Doctor.  We will get the results and decide on a treatment plan.  It is more a matter and how much and exactly where the cancer is at this point.  I can feel at least 11 tumors.  One has shrunk during the trip.  Most have grown.

I keep hearing in the back of my mind, "Brace yourself."  I wonder if this could possibly be something good.  The miracle I have been praying for.  I try not to get my hopes up too high, cause,

By the pricking of my thumbs...


5 comments:

  1. Praying for the miracle over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed you "cancer break" trip. My prayers and thoughts will be with you today Alisa. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the miracle, your name is in the temple...what a great vacation you guys had. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a fun family trip. Hope the rest goes away

    ReplyDelete