Talked with the Doctor today before my IPI infusion. He doesn't know the best course of action to take here. Should we give another dose and risk some life-altering/life-threatening complications?
We decided to do a few tests this week and see what kind of damage we have done, then decide if we should give the next dose or not. I am at the eye center right now (I have had a little blurry vision, but the eye Doc is saying things look okay). I will have a colonoscopy Thursday and if it looks good, we will do the IPI on Tuesday. If there is significant damage to the colon and we don't do IPI on Tuesday, we will not be able to do the IPI again. We would just hope for the best, scan in September as planned, and go from there.
I really want another dose, but I understand. When the oncologist is hesitant (these guys will take you the brink of death to get rid of the nasty cancer), I listen.
I asked if the IPI could work with just one dose, and he said it is a possibility, but in the studies that were done half of the patients got all four doses.
Josh is feeling really good about this plan. He has been worried about the next dose. I have just been prepping for a very ill couple of weeks, so I'm a little thrown off. I will start another round of Temodar tonight, which will make me sick for the week. But nothing like I was prepared for.
I will keep you posted. Hopefully our decision will be an easy one when all the test results come back.