Monday, March 14, 2011

what a joke

Alisa Linton paces her homes' narrow hallways wearing her hello kitty robe and a furrowed brow. The kids are asleep, the husband is at the park with the dog. Thoughts are the only noise. They are loud enough she now has a headache. She has read and reread all her medical reports of the last 4 years. Researched treatment options in all her spare time. Tomorrow is her Day of Decision. Her flight instinct can no longer protect her. Time to fight.

And she is ready.

Giving myself pep talks only goes so far. What do I really want to hear the Dr. say tomorrow? "Just kidding!"

8 comments:

  1. I was also thinking that there would be a report. "There are no more tumors- I'm not sure where they went, but they are no longer there." I am praying tumors away!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fantastic! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you hear good news tomorrow. Good luck to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa...this whole situation is breaking my heart. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be faced with these kinds of decisions. I wish it was a joke too.

    Good luck Alisa. Our prayers are with you and the family. Fight, girl, fight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alisa, all of our prayers and wishes are for you! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your sweet family. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have a Hello Kitty robe???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a sympathy headache for you last night, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time to fight. Time to be the Champ!

    ReplyDelete