Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 5

Alisa is feeling really sick.  They just gave her dose #11.  The max is 14 and at this point she has decided she is done.  The doctor is going to come back in and talk to her at 1:00 AM for her final decision (in case she is feeling better, I doubt it)

She has a fever almost all the time.  They gave her some blood this morning because her red blood cell counts were low.  Because she had a fever during the transfusion, they had to stop and check if there was something wrong with the blood.  They doubt it, but they have to make sure.

If she gets all the doses of IL2 she will be done tomorrow at 6:00.  She will have to stay in the hospital for at least 1 day after that.  We hope to be out of the hospital by Wednesday night.

We are very bored.  (although the art therapist did stop by and give me some Mandala to color.)



  1. Sounds miserable...for you both! Still guys are troopers!

  2. So sorry! Hang in there. Thanks for the updates. I might not comment every time but i am anxious to hear what's going on!